Archbishop Bergan Catholic School Follows a Departmentalized Model for Fifth & Sixth Grades.
-One Para Educator
|Ms. Jennifer Urbanski||Ms. Maggie Getzfrid||Mrs. Deanna Rogers|
|Religion 5||Math 5||Reading 5|
|Religion 6||Math 6||Reading 6|
|Science 5||Social Studies 5||Writing/Grammar 5|
|Science 6||Social Studies 6||Writing/Grammar 6|
|HOMEROOM 1: 5th Graders & 6th Graders - 20 students||HOMEROOM 2: 5th Graders & 6th Graders - 20 students||HOMEROOM 3: 5th Graders & 6th Graders - 20 students|
- Computers- 1 semester with 45 minute periods 3 times a week
- Art- 1 semester with 45 minute periods 3 times a week
- Physical Education- 45 minute periods 2 times a week
- Instrumental/ Vocal Music- 45 minute periods 3 times a week
- Library skills/checkout during the students assigned Writing Period
Additional 5th & 6th Grade Curricular Opportunities:
- Reading, Writing & Math each divided into smaller groups for instruction.
- Social Studies, Science & Religion instruction by a certified teacher using a whole class setting with a para educator assisting
- New Sadlier Math Curriculum that is more rigorous and aligned Kindergarten through 6th Grade
- Be My Disciples Religion Curriculum approved and suggested by the Archdiocese of Omaha Catholic Schools Office
- Shurley English model that assists in teaching students visually, verbally and in written form to build comprehension
- Ability for 5th & 6th grade students to serve as HOUSE leaders and role models for the Kindergarten through 4th grade students.
- Yearly service opportunities and a 5th & 6th grade retreat that assists in instilling a passion for faith, knowledge & service.
Grade(s) and/or Subject(s)/Classes you teach? 5/6 Grade Religion & Science
High School Attended? North Platte St. Patrick's Catholic High School & Grand Island Central Catholic High School
University Attended? Wayne State College
Degree Received? Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education
Master's Degree? Working toward a Master's in Curriculum & Instruction at Doane
In your opinion, what is the absolute best thing about Archbishop Bergan Catholic School? The family atmosphere and being able to practice and share my faith everyday with staff and students.
Grade(s) and/or Subject(s)/Classes you teach? 5/6 Grade Math & Social Studies
Grade(s) and/or Subject(s)/ Classes you teach? 5/6 Grade Writing, Grammar & Reading
High School attended? Archbishop Bergan Catholic School