2019 National Catholic Schools Week
Sunday, January 27, 2019
THEME FOR THE DAY: Celebrating your Parish
· Mr. Koenig will speak before each Mass over the weekend about Catholic Education
· A scrolling presentation will be available in Delaney Hall during the Knights of Columbus Pancake Breakfast
· 8AM-12PM The Knights of Columbus will have a bus to transport parishioners from the pancake breakfast to the elementary for tours
· 9AM & 11AM Masses will have reserved seating for Bergan families. Bergan students, faculty, and staff will provide service in various ways during the Masses.
o Students are asked to wear their school uniforms to Mass
o Seating will be reserved for students and their families on the west (left) side of church
· Open Houses – Open Houses are open to anyone who wants to learn more about Bergan and see student’s work on display
o Elementary Open House (8AM-2PM) features a Bake Sale sponsored by the Houses of St. James & St. Wolfgang, with all proceeds going to the Bergan Emergency Family Fund.
o Early Childhood Education Center (2-4PM)
o Middle/High School Open House (2-4PM)
Lunches for the week have been selected by our students. The Elementary Campus menu was selected by each grade voting, while the Downtown Campus menu was based on the entire Middle/High School’s top 5 choices!
Monday, January 28, 2019
THEME FOR THE DAY: Celebrating your Community
Students need to be in School Uniform
Lunch: French Dip – Downtown Mini Corn Dogs – Elementary selected by K & 1st grades
· Chamber of Commerce Coffee in Middle/High School Gym Lobby 9-10AM
· All School Living Rosary 9:15AM
· All School Pep Rally to kick off Catholic Schools Week in the Middle/High School Gym 9:45AM. Parents & Chamber Members are welcome to attend all morning events!
o Midland University will provide entertainment
Tuesday, January 29, 2019
THEME FOR THE DAY: Celebrating your Students
Students wear House shirts with Uniform bottoms Preschool & Pre-Kindergarten students wear green
Lunch: Chicken Alfredo – Downtown Fiestada – Elementary selected by 4th grade
· Bergan Students, Parent & Donor Breakfast in the Elementary Gym 7-8AM
o Breakfast will include egg casserole, cinnamon rolls, juice, and coffee, provided by St. Patrick’s Women.
o Middle/High school students who need transportation can be bussed back to the Middle/High school building in time for class at 8:00AM
· MS/HS Prayer Service recognizing student achievement in the Bergan Gym at 9:35AM
· 3-6 Grade Spelling Bee 2PM
· Girls & Boys marathon of Basketball games vs. Concordia
· Knights of the Round Table Awards presented at half time of the Boys Varsity Basketball Game.
Wednesday, January 30, 2019
THEME FOR THE DAY: Celebrating the Nation
FREE Break the Dress Code Day –Red, White & Blue to show your patriotism or School Uniform
Preschool & Pre-Kindergarten wear Red, White & Blue
Lunch: Godfathers – Downtown Mac n Cheese – Elementary selected by 5th & 6th grade
· Adoration in Middle/High School Chapel 7:30-7:55AM
o Students, teachers, parents, and staff are invited to stop by, even if just for a bit
Thursday, January 31, 2019
THEME FOR THE DAY: Celebrating Vocations
Students need to be in School Uniform Preschool & Pre-Kindergarten wear their Sunday best
Lunch: Crispito – Downtown Crispito – Elementary selected by 2nd grade
· All School Mass honoring Families at St. Patrick’s Catholic Church at 8:30AM with cookie/juice reception to follow in Delaney Hall for all VIPs
· Students are invited to ask Very Important People (grandparents, mom, dad, aunts, uncles, neighbor, etc.) to join us for mass & the reception.
· Faculty/staff lunch at both buildings provided by Parent Knights
· Pre-K-5th grades Activity to celebrate Catholic Schools Week
· 6th grade Middle School explore activity
Friday, February 1, 2019
THEME FOR THE DAY: Celebrating Faculty, Staff, & Volunteers
Spirit Wear Day
Lunch: Cook’s Choice – Downtown Godfather’s – Elementary selected by 3rd grade
· 2019-2020 Re-enrollment for current families opens online
· 6-12th grade Activity to Celebrate Catholic Schools Week
Saturday, February 2, 2019
THEME FOR THE DAY: Celebrating Families