Archbishop Bergan Catholic School Follows a Departmentalized Model for Fifth & Sixth Grades.
|Ms. Anna Wiese||Ms. Haley Kucera||Mrs. Deanna Rogers||Ms. Caiti Lilienthal|
|Religion 5||Religion 6||Reading 6||Math 5|
|Writing/Grammar 5||Social Studies 6||Writing/Grammar 6||Science 5|
|Social Studies 5||Science 6||Math 6||Social Studies 5|
|Reading 5||Religion 5|
|HOMEROOM 1: 5th Graders - 18 students||HOMEROOM 2: 6th Graders - 20 students||HOMEROOM 3: 6th Graders - 20 students||HOMEROOM 4: 5th Graders - 18 students|
- Computers- 1 semester with 45 minute periods 3 times a week
- Art- 1 semester with 45 minute periods 3 times a week
- Physical Education- 30 minute periods 3 times a week
- Instrumental/ Vocal Music- 20 minute periods 2 times a week with optional 30 minute band sectionals
- Library skills/checkout during the students assigned Writing Period
Additional 5th & 6th Grade Curricular Opportunities:
- Reading, Writing & Math each divided into smaller groups for instruction.
- Social Studies, Science & Religion instruction by a certified teacher using a whole class setting with a para educator assisting
- New Sadlier Math Curriculum that is more rigorous and aligned Kindergarten through 6th Grade
- Be My Disciples Religion Curriculum approved and suggested by the Archdiocese of Omaha Catholic Schools Office
- Shurley English model that assists in teaching students visually, verbally and in written form to build comprehension
- Ability for 5th & 6th grade students to serve as HOUSE leaders and role models for the Kindergarten through 4th grade students.
- Yearly service opportunities and a 5th & 6th grade retreat that assists in instilling a passion for faith, knowledge & service.
Grade(s) and/or Subject(s)/Classes you teach? Fifth & Sixth Grade Social Studies & Theology Instructor
High School Attended? -Attended Bergan from 6th grade through 9th grade -Graduated from Fremont Senior High School
University Attended? -Doane University
Degree Received? - Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education
Master's Degree? -Currently working on my Masters in Curriculum and Instruction at Doane University
In your opinion, what is the absolute best thing about Archbishop Bergan Catholic School? -I don't know where to start... it is hard to pick just one thing I love about Bergan. It makes my heart so happy to see such young children have such a strong Faith in God.
Grade(s) and/or Subject(s)/Classes you teach? Fifth & Sixth Grade Science & Theology Instructor
High School attended?
In your opinion, what is the absolute best thing about Archbishop Bergan Catholic School?
Grade(s) and/or Subject(s)/ Classes you teach? 5/6 Grade Reading & Writing
High School attended? Archbishop Bergan Catholic School
University Attended? University of Nebraska at Omaha
Degree Received? Bachelor of Science in Education
Master's Degree? Doane College- Curriculum and Instruction
Extra-Curricular Duties? 6th grade PAL girls basketball
In your opinion, what is the absolute best thing about Archbishop Bergan Catholic School? Being a Bergan graduate, teaching here feels like home. I feel that the best thing about Archbishop Bergan Catholic School is that we're one big family, getting to grow in our faith while guiding our students to grow and be successful. Once a Knight, always a Knight!
Grade(s) and/or Subject(s)/Classes you teach? Fifth & Sixth Grade Math & Writing Instructor
High School attended? Grand Island Northwest
University Attended? Midland University
Degree Received? K-6 Elementary Education with an endorsement in ESL & Coaching
Extra-Curricular Duties? Working towards a National Board Teacher Certification.
In your opinion, what is the absolute best thing about Archbishop Bergan Catholic School? The best part about Archbishop Bergan is the family atmosphere. It is such a blessing to have a career that truly is a home away from home.