Archbishop Bergan Catholic School Follows a Departmentalized Model for Fifth & Sixth Grades.
|Ms. Abby Coday||Ms. Katlin Vampola||Mrs. Deanna Rogers||Mr. Dan Sullivan|
|Math 5||Science 5||Reading 5||Religion 5|
|Writing 5||Religion 6||Writing 6||Social Studies 5|
|Social Studies 6||Science 6||Reading 6||Math 6|
|HOMEROOM 1: 18 students||HOMEROOM 2: 20 students||HOMEROOM 3: 20 students||HOMEROOM 4: 18 students|
- Computers- 1 semester with 45 minute periods 3 times a week
- Art- 1 semester with 45 minute periods 3 times a week
- Physical Education- 30 minute periods 3 times a week
- Instrumental/ Vocal Music- 20 minute periods 2 times a week with optional 30 minute band sectionals
- Library skills/checkout during the students assigned Writing Period
Additional 5th & 6th Grade Curricular Opportunities:
- Reading, Writing & Math each divided into smaller groups for instruction.
- Social Studies, Science & Religion instruction by a certified teacher using a whole class setting with a para educator assisting
- New Sadlier Math Curriculum that is more rigorous and aligned Kindergarten through 6th Grade
- Be My Disciples Religion Curriculum approved and suggested by the Archdiocese of Omaha Catholic Schools Office
- Shurley English model that assists in teaching students visually, verbally and in written form to build comprehension
- Ability for 5th & 6th grade students to serve as HOUSE leaders and role models for the Kindergarten through 4th grade students.
- Yearly service opportunities and a 5th & 6th grade retreat that assists in instilling a passion for faith, knowledge & service.
Grade(s) and/or Subject(s)/ Classes you teach? -- Fifth & Sixth Grade
High School attended? -- Howells-Dodge Consolidated
University Attended? -- Midland
Degree Received? -- Bachelors in Elementary Education with an endorsement in Early Childhood Education
Master's degree program or school attended? -- N/A
Extra-Curricular Duties? -- N/A
In your opinion, what is the absolute best thing about Archbishop Bergan Catholic School? -- The absolute best thing about Bergan is the support from the parents and fellow staff members. No matter what is happening, big or small, wherever you turn someone is there to lend a helping hand!
Grade(s) and/or Subject(s)/Classes you teach? Fifth & Sixth Grade Science and Sixth Grade Religion
High School attended? Fremont High School
University Attended? Midland University 2019
Degree Received? Elementary Education with an endorsement in early childhood education.
Extra-Curricular Duties? Head Cheer and Dance Coach
In your opinion, what is the absolute best thing about Archbishop Bergan Catholic School? The best thing about Bergan is how it feels like home and the staff!
Grade(s) and/or Subject(s)/ Classes you teach? Fifth & Sixth Grade Reading & Sixth Grade Writing
High School attended? Archbishop Bergan Catholic School
University Attended? University of Nebraska at Omaha
Degree Received? Bachelor of Science in Education
Master's Degree? Doane College- Curriculum and Instruction
Extra-Curricular Duties? 6th grade PAL girls basketball
In your opinion, what is the absolute best thing about Archbishop Bergan Catholic School? Being a Bergan graduate, teaching here feels like home. I feel that the best thing about Archbishop Bergan Catholic School is that we're one big family, getting to grow in our faith while guiding our students to grow and be successful. Once a Knight, always a Knight!
Grade(s) and/or Subject(s)/Classes you teach? Fifth Grade Religion, Social Studies & Sixth Grade Math
High School attended? Washington-Lee High School in Arlington, VA
University Attended? James Madison University in Harrisburg, VA
Degree Received? Education
In your opinion, what is the absolute best thing about Archbishop Bergan Catholic School? Best thing about Bergan is the strong Christian values.