Grade(s) and/or Subject(s)/ Classes you teach? Pre-kindergarten Director & Teacher
High School attended? Dodge High School
University Attended? Highland College
Degree Received? Associate's Degree in Fine Arts
In your opinion, what is the absolute best thing about Archbishop Bergan Catholic School? I enjoy teaching Pre-kindergarten at Bergan because I am able to see young children build a strong faith-filled foundation to help prepare them as they begin their educational journey. The Pre-kindergarten students are the youngest members at Bergan Elementary who will become future leaders of our parish and community! I am blessed to have the opportunity to see God's work through the eyes of our Pre-kindergarten students.
Grade(s) and/or Subject(s)/ Classes you teach? Pre-Kindergarten Assistant
High School attended? Archbishop Bergan Catholic School
In your opinion, what is the absolute best thing about Archbishop Bergan Catholic School? The feeling of family.
The Mission of Archbishop Bergan Pre-Kindergarten Program
We are dedicated to nurturing the growth of every child in a Christ-based atmosphere that honors the worth of children, supports their families, and respects the diversity of all people.
Archbishop Bergan Pre-Kindergarten program is located at 1515 N Johnson Road on the east campus of Archbishop Bergan Catholic School. Our campus is equipped with a clean and spacious facility, playground, and a secured entrance for parents.
Learning Experiences of Archbishop Bergan Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten is a time of rapid growth and development. It’s a year of preparation for kindergarten and for future success in school and in life. To achieve, children need to be imaginative, independent, and actively involved in their own learning.
Get Set for School readiness curriculum includes three complete programs designed to prepare children for school: Readiness & Writing, Language & Literacy, and Numbers & Math. The developmentally appropriate programs use a multi-sensory approach that addresses different learning styles. The curriculum also uses a developmental progression that builds on what children already know with lessons that break difficult concepts into simple tasks. children use hands on materials to encourage learning. Children are given time to experiment with real objects and test their ideas so math, language and literacy become real and meaningful.
The Handwriting Without Tears curriculum uses music, movement, and manipulatives to teach core readiness skills, including pencil grip, letter and number recognition, number and letter formation, and body awareness.
The materials encourage family involvement to continue learning activities at home so children practice skills learned at school.
Young children who develop strong foundation skills in Pre-kindergarten are better prepared to master the more complex and rigorous demands of school.
- Handwriting Without Tears and Get Set for School curriculums provide readiness and writing, language and literacy, numbers and math.
- Get Set for School helps children develop core readiness skills during the crucial years when “85 percent of the foundation for a child’s intellect, personality, and skills is formed.”
- Pre-kindergarten students learn some of their most important skills through play. Get Set for School uses hands-on, play based instruction to give young learners innumerable opportunities for spontaneous and meaningful learning. Playful learning also helps engage young children and helps build a lifelong love of learning.
- Physical development and social/behavioral skills are particularly important in PreKindergarten. Get Set for School helps Pre-kindergarten students develop both fine and gross motor skills before they can master such skills as writing.
- Literacy includes phonological awareness, letter knowledge, concepts about print, vocabulary, and language. These abilities are interrelated so that development in one area supports and is necessary for development in another. Get Set for School provides an integrated approach to language and literacy to make learning meaningful and engaging.
- Math, like literacy, begins at birth. Children are learning math concepts based on their interactions with their environment. Get Set for School gets children sorting, clapping, counting, measuring, and building numbers to help them understand—and enjoy—math concepts.
to broaden each child's spiritual, physical, intellectual, emotional, and social experiences to provide groundwork for future education and daily life
to develop fine and large motor skills
to provide opportunities for cooperative play and interaction with other children
to develop a feeling of pride and self-confidence in each child
to promote creativity through crafts and hands-on experiences
to develop a basis of understanding of God's love to all creatures
Learning takes place through these experiences
Creativity through exploration of music and arts
Individual choice activities
Interactions within the community
2022 - 2023 Pre-Kindergarten Tuition
|Session||Time||Yearly Tuition Rate||Monthly Tuition Rate (9 months)|
|Morning||8:05 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.||$2,500/year||$277.78/month|
|Afternoon||12:20 p.m. - 3:20 p.m.||$2,500/year||$277.78/month|