March Madness Alumni Giving Challenge!
LET THE MADNESS BEGIN IN MARCH 3 – 16, 2022!
It’s a Battle of the Decades and Classes! Who will win?
Let’s raise some money and find out! Slam Dunk Goal: $20,000
HOW TO PLAY:
Donate as many times as you want!
Each decade of St. Patrick High/Bergan Grads is competing against each other for the best decade during the two-week March Madness Alumni Challenge (March 3 – 16)
Your gift can earn points for your decade in two different ways:
• Every alum who donates $10 or more earns their team five points throughout the challenge
• A bonus of 30 points is given to each donor that gives a single donation of $500.00 or more
• Every graduating class is competing against each other to see which class can raise the most money
• In order to make it to the next round, your class has to give within the rounds listed below.
– March 3 – 6 – First Round (Top 8 classes as of 12am March 7 will advance to the Elite Eight! We will take the top 8 no matter if you are "playing" each other in the bracket.)
– March 7 – 9 – Elite Eight (Plus 2 due to a tie! ...1955 - $1000, 1977 - $500, 1960 - $120, 1967 - $120, 1962 - $100, 1969 - $100, 1971 - $100, 1986 - $100, 1965 - $100, 1964 - $100)
– March 10 – 13 – Final Four (1955 - $1045, 1977 - $750, 1960 - $120, 1967 - $120)
– March 14 – 16 – Final Two
• Bracket will be posted each round on the website
• Announcement of winner made on March 17 for Best Decade and Top Class!
• "Bragging Rights!", Website and Social Media feature on the Top Class & Best Decade!
• Reserved Top Class seating at the July 2022 Alumni Reunion AND 2022 Homecoming Football Game!
HOW DO I MAKE A GIFT?
There are several ways to make a gift and boost your points:
- Give online HERE
- Mail a check to Archbishop Bergan, 545 E 4th Street, Fremont, NE 68025
- Call Nichole at 402-721-1846 to make your gift over the phone
Contact Nichole Owsley to give in honor of your Memories!
Ways to Contribute to the Bergan Fund
Matching Gift Program
Many companies provide matching gift programs that multiply their employees’ charitable donations.
To obtain a matching gift, contact your employer’s human resources department for a form or information about online procedures. Complete the donor/employee portion of the form and send it to:
Archbishop Bergan Catholic School, Finance Office
422 East 4th Street,
Fremont, NE 68025
The Finance department will complete their part of the form, and return it to the company to initiate its fulfillment of the match.
As a donor, if you have a donor who does not need the RMD (Required Minimum Distribution), please keep in mind that the Charitable IRA Rollover provision is now available for their use for charitable gifting. This law allows an individual who is 70½ years or older to gift up to $100,000 from his or her IRA, directly to a charity without having to recognize the IRA distribution as taxable income. This distribution counts toward the RMD.
The IRA owner must be age 70½ years or older
The donor can transfer up to $100,000 directly from the IRA to a qualified charity
The transfer is not taxable to the IRA owner and can count toward the required minimum distribution
Because of Internal Revenue Code restrictions, transfers to donor-advised funds do not qualify for the special rollover treatment
Nebraska Community Foundation has developed several tools to help your clients support their favorite charities through an IRA gift. Here are some Charitable IRA Rollover tools for your consideration. Download a letter of instruction for your IRA administrator, and read more about the benefits of an IRA Charitable Rollover.